Thursday, September 2, 2010

August Published Work



Peace

This is a hybrid page. I used a digital kit to create the background and to print out embellishments. I printed the background paper out on tissue paper for extra texture, and then adhered it to cardstock for strength. I printed the embellishments separately on cardstock. I printed the title and journaling on a transparency sheet and cut the transparency into strips. Before I printed the title, I added a drop shadow to the letters to make it look like they have some dimension.

Supplies: Cardstock: Canson, Transparency Film: 3M, Buttons: Buttons Galore & More, Marker: Color Workshop (P&M Products), Other: tissue paper.
Digital Supplies: Kit: Peace, Love & Happiness by Libby Weifenbach (Sweet Shoppe Designs), Brush: Obsidian Dawn, Font: Baby Boston, Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3.




Just add water

I made a simple page for an everyday moment of my son playing in his small inflatable pool in the backyard. For the sun I used a transparent PVC flower, cut the petals into sun rays and painted it yellow. I used a large brad for the center of the sun, but instead of going through the page with the prongs, I folded these behind the sun and attached the sun to the page with glue dots. The swirl is cut out from one of the patterned papers.

Supplies: Paper: Cherry Arte, My Mind's Eye, Cardstock: Canson, Petersen-Arne, Rub-Ons: Making Memories, Flower: Maya Road, Brad: Chatterbox, Paint: Delta, Marker: Sakura, Pen: ZIG Memory System (Kuretake), Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3.

This layout is based on this sketch.


Both pages were published in the August issue of ScrapStreet Magazine.

0 comments: