Friday, May 7, 2010

April 2010 Publications

I was asked to design with the fabulous papers and printables from the Gypsy Sisters line made by Kaisercraft!
I created the following projects, which were all published in the April 2010 issue of ScrapStreet Magazine.




Six

Supplies: Paper, Die Cuts, Chipboard Alphabet, Pearls: Kaisercraft, Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Paint: Junkitz, Pen: ZIG Memory System (Kuretake), Font: Shruti.

Design Notes: To embellish my page, I hand cut some flourishes from the patterned paper. A simple pen stroke around the edge of the page makes a quick and pretty border. I printed the journaling directly onto the background.




Altered Birdhouse

Supplies: Paper, Die Cut, Bling: Kaisercraft, Birdhouse: Michaels, Flowers: Doodlebug Design, Paint: Ceramcoat (Delta Creative), Junkitz, Adhesive: Martha Stewart Crafts (EK Success), ZIG Memory System (Kuretake), Glue Dots International, Tools: paint brushes, sanding paper, files.

Design Notes: The paper posies were too pink to match the Kaisercraft papers, so, to end up with more of a salmon color, I painted these first with a diluted yellow paint. I painted all the sides of the pieces before adhering the papers. I adhered a die cut around the hole in the front of the birdhouse, after cutting out the center and cutting off the edge.




Thank YOU

Supplies: Paper, Rub-Ons, Pearls: Kaisercraft, Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Flower: Prima Marketing, Button: SEI, String: Making Memories, Paint: Junkitz, Adhesive: ZIG Memory System (Kuretake), Glue Dots International.

Design Notes: I hand cut some flourishes from the patterned paper. I adhered these to the yellow paper and cut away the paper "above" the flourishes. I painted the white string yellow to match the papers. Some rub-ons and pearls finished the card quickly.




Easter Basket

Supplies: Paper, Die Cut, Bling: Kaisercraft, Flowers: Bazzill Basics Paper, Basket Template: Janneke Smit, Adhesive: 3D-Dots (EK Success), ZIG Memory System (Kuretake).

Design Notes: Since the Kaisercraft papers are double-sided, I did not have to worry about adding a liner to my basket. I simply cut out my template and folded over the scalloped edge. I raised the die cut with foam adhesive to make it stand out some more.




4 U

Supplies: Paper, Die Cut, Chipboard Alphabet, Alphabet Stickers, Bling: Kaisercraft, Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Buttons: SEI, Pen: ZIG Memory System (Kuretake), Adhesive: 3D Dots (EK Success), ZIG Memory System (Kuretake), Glue Dots International, Other: ric-rac, thread, needle. Digital Supplies: Printable: Kaisercraft, Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4.

Design Notes: Kaisercraft also has free printables on their website to match your collection! I downloaded the PDF, used software to cut and resize the desired pieces and then printed these out. Dressing up the chipboard alphas is very simple since the alphabet stickers are exactly the same size.

1 comments:

Ilene said...

I love what you did with that pp! Those altered projects are so cute, and I just LOVE that little birdhouse!