Sunday, November 8, 2009

October 2009 Publications

These pages were published in ScrapStreet Magazine October 2009, as part of my In The Pits article:



Smile

I used Photoshop’s Artistic Watercolor filter to create the effect on the large photo. For the rest I just played with digital brushes, shadows, and layer styles.

Brushes: Fairy Wings, Aurora Borealis, Glitter II by Stephanie Shimerdla (Obsidian Dawn), Brads: Janneke Smit. Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3, Fonts: Papyrus, Birch Std, Informal Roman.




Daddy

I scanned my daughter’s artwork, reduced the size and added the title. Then I printed it out on matte photo paper. The flower and dotted strips are cut out from patterned paper. I glued the flower on some cardstock to make it a little sturdier.

Papers: Upsy Daisy Designs, Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Brad: Making Memories, Ink: Rubber Stampede. Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3, Font: Arno Pro.




Home Made Guitar

I used a digital brush to create the filmstrip. I added the photos and divider strips and printed the whole filmstrip out on 14” photo paper.

Papers: My Mind’s Eye, Scenic Route, Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Chipboard: Deluxe Designs, American Crafts, Ribbon: Offray, Ink: Rubber Stampede, Pen: ZIG. Digital Supplies: Digea Film Brushes by Jelena Jovovic. Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3, Font: Verdana.




BEN10

For the design of this layout I was inspired by the images from the TV series (rays, bubbles radiating from the “omnitrix” watch) as well as the T-shirt BEN10/my son is wearing. The large black and white pieces in the background are cardstock, but I created and printed out everything else. I designed the patterned paper and the 3 different colors paper for the “bubbles”. I printed green journaling on a black background. And for the title I created a gradient paper and I used the official BEN10 logo as the shape to cut it out. I used circle punches in different sizes to create the bubbles. I also used punches around the borders of the page and inside the number ten before I backed these with black cardstock.

Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Photo Paper: Epson, Staples, Punches: EK Success, Marvy Uchida, Fiskars. Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3, Font: QuickType II Condensed.

1 comments:

Jules said...

You ROCK the red hair...miss you! Your layouts are FAB!